Skip to main content

LUXURY SHOPPING MISTAKES TO AVOID IN 2022

 

We all love our luxury items don't we? I'm sure we all do. Luxury products are not cheap and with the insistent price increase from  brands. Of course, we want to wear these luxury brands because we love the lux lifestyle and having to spend hundreds of our hard earned on these items can sometimes be ridiculous. I have narrowed down six tips on how to avoid luxury shopping mistakes and also buyers remorse.  

1. Avoid Instagram hype trendy items: Do not fall for the Instagram hype when you see influencers wearing this items. What some of you fail to understand is that some influencers are gifted this items from luxury brands to promote because that is part of their job. A trendy item will be gone in the next couple of months and there comes another trend. Who wants to keep up with this trend every 6-12 months, spending thousands of money on these items? Not me of course. Sometimes it is very hard to give a honest review for a product that has been gifted to an influencer from a brand as it is stated in the contract . A couple of years ago we saw the Frankie padded shoulder t-shirt all over the social media been worn by influencers, celebrities from high street to luxury brands but i'm sorry to say that as at 2021 and this February 2022 hardly can you see anyone wearing this or even talking about it. 

2. Do not purchase a luxury item or product that doesn't fit into your life style: As we all know luxury products will go from a couple of hundreds to thousands in dollars, euros, pounds for just one item be it sunglasses, bags, shoes, luggage's, wrist watches you name it. For instant, a Christian Louboutin so kate shoe is about 6-7inches tall in height with the cost price of 675.00 euros i personally think this is a lot of money to be spent on a shoe that isn't practical or comfortable. Don't get me wrong if only the heels were comfortable to work in i would understand that it is worth every penny but for a shoe that one can't wear from point A-B and it starts killing your ankles in a couple of minutes doesn't make sense. Fashion doesn't have to be painful comfort is key weather from a luxury brand or high street. When you know the type of lifestyle you live and what fits that way you will avoid the above mistake.

3. Luxury Sales: Just because a luxury brand is having a massive sale does not mean you have to buy. Even if the items are on sales for 50-70% off you are not obligated to spend your money. We all want a good bargain don't we? Take a step backwards and ask yourself if you really needed that bag, sunglasses, perfume and the rest of it. Sometimes we buy things on sale and do not even reach for it i am speaking from experience.

4. Avoid buying luxury products with logos: Logomania is a killer when it is overdone it begins to look tacky and classless. Luxury items without logo are timeless and can be worn year in year out, they can easily be dressed up or down and no one would know that you are wearing a luxury brand.

5. Limited Editions: With luxury houses launching limited edition stuffs every 2-3 months this can be very tricky, some limited edition product are the worst in terms of quality and craftsmanship . This is also a marketing strategy for you to buy more from this brands.

6. Stay away from luxury items that do not fit because you think you are going to make it work . 

I hope you found this helpful also i have attached a detailed video from my YouTube channel, watch, share, comment, subscribe for more fun videos and follow me on all my social media handles. 


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Top 5 Most Used Luxury Handbags.

Yesterday i shared on my YouTube channel my top 5 most used luxury handbags before the lock down. Luxury handbag collection is a life style and not a brand. I love to collect luxury handbags because i know that these are my forever pieces and could also be passed down from one generation to another. This is a new addition to my Chanel collection i bought this last year December as a graduation gift to myself from the University. Chanel beige caviar leather, double flap, sliver hardware in the size jumbo which is also called large. This bag i absolutely love but i wish i opted for the size medium instead apart from that i have no regret having this in my collection and also a big plus for me is that this can be worn cross body. If you are in the market for a Chanel bag just know that you will be paying more as there is a price increase of 7% so this particular bag will be going for  up to 7-8,000$ but make sure to get in touch with your sales assistant for more details. Here

11 Instagrammers And Their Views About Fashion

Hi  loves i am so overwhelmed with joy to share this moment with you all.  Hey i got featured on Look Vine Article alongside other 10 instagrammers.  I want to say a big thank you to Lookvine for this great opportunity.  Here is a link to the article:  http://lookvine.com/styles/2018/04/18-street-style-outfit-ideas-stand-crowd/ 22 STREET STYLE OUTFIT IDEAS TO STAND OUT FROM THE CROWD BY   MARTINA SALVATORE  : 11 instagrammers & Their Views About Fashion. 11. I love fashion because it helps me express myself and creativity. Fashion is diverse and trends are always changing but I love that I don’t do trends I just pick out classic pieces from every trend that I can wear over and over and make it my own. @beauty4maureen 10. My fashion rule is to feel comfortable in my Clothes. The perfect makeup look for me is when your skin look like natural, you need a good Foundation, glow, blush,